Mint Street Playgroup mission and aims
Mint Street Playgroup is run by a group of local parent volunteers.
If you have any questions during the session please ask to speak to any of the following parents who run the group:
Our mission is;
To improve the lives of parents and young children living in and around the Mint Street Adventure Playground.
Our Strategic Aims are:
To improve the quality of life of families with young children living in and around the Mint Street Adventure Playground area by encouraging and enabling greater parental involvement in civic life (the community) and encouraging a sense of community among parents through:
- Parent and Toddler Session twice a week
- Providing personal development opportunities for volunteers, including where required specific training opportunities.
- Actively involved in the redevelopment of the Mint Street Adventure Playground and providing a voice for parents in the redevelopment process.
To promote stronger links with family services and voluntary sector in Mint Street area through partnership building
- To help improve provision for family/childcare services through increased customer focus, improved partnership working, driven by need not targets or funding or by artificial boundaries such as the borough boundaries.
- To work co-operatively with organizations within and outside the sector to improve the lives of families in the area.
- To explore ways of working co-operatively and delivering services with other organisations.
- To develop increased parent participation in fashioning services.
- Sharing knowledge and information.
- Forge new partnerships and develop existing links
To act as a consultation/advisory group for local projects affecting children and young people in the Mint Street area:
- Involvement in local consultation projects
- Share knowledge of best practice with local providers.